This Friday, we caught up with Bella, another one of our recent teacher training graduates! Bella is the youngest member on our teaching staff, but her youth will fool you because she is wise beyond her years! Its no wonder that her name means beautiful, this yogi is beautiful on the inside and out and she’s ready to rock your bodies 🙂
- What you’ll find on my playlists: I’d describe my taste in music as eclectic, I like a little bit of it all. On my playlists you will find everything from Talking Heads to Drake. As long as I can dance to it, I can
- dig it. You can find me on Spotify at @JenFredericks (It’s me, just not under my name, because I share an account)
- What I’m reading: Right now I’m reading “Still Life with Woodpecker” and I am about to start “Call Me by Your Name”. I highly recommend “Still Life with Woodpecker” – it is an incredible read. I’m also really excited to start “Call Me by Your Name” – I found the film to be so special that I couldn’t resist purchasing the book.
- What activity I’m participating in outside of yoga & what I’m learning: Outside of yoga I am attempting to learn French. It has taught me patience, and that I am really really bad at accents.
- What I’m focusing on in my daily yoga practice & what I’m learning: In my personal yoga practice I have been focusing on maintaining steady breath and moving with intention. For me, this shows up as moving at the speed my body tells me to and matching my breath to that pace. This concept has completely changed my practice. I believe that listening to your body and acting accordingly both on and off your mat is so, so important for your health.
- Purchase I’m enjoying: I recently subscribed to the HBO channel on Amazon Prime and ALL of the Harry Potter movies are included with the subscription. It is the BEST thing ever. Right now I’m on “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban”, my personal favorite, and I cannot wait to go home and watch it.
Catch her in the lobby to chat about Harry Potter & all things yoga! Bella is teaching this Sunday at 9am, be there!