For the next few weeks, we’ll be sitting down with our most recent yoga teacher training graduates!This Friday, we sat down with Samira who teaches this Sunday at 9am, and you’ll see her name on the schedule as she helps sub regularly! Don’t let her small stature fool you, her classes pack a big punch and she is one bad ass lady!
- What you’ll find on my playlists: I LOVE anything with a good beat. Although you will find quite a smorgasbord playlist, but for the most part I enjoy discovering new artist. Artist you will find on my playlist this week: JVM, Drama Duo, NoMBe, and of course Ms. Lauryn Hill. Samira Pace is my spotify name.
- What I’m reading: “You are a badass: How to stop doubting your greatness and start living an awesome life” buy it here! Just on the first couple of pages, so give me a few more days before I can spread some wisdom…😉
- What activity I’m participating in outside of yoga & what I’m learning: My activities outside of yoga include hiking with my dogs, beach’n it, reading outside, learning about nutrition, finding new recipes, having a glass or two…of vino with good friends, and eating breakfast or just eating in general. I love food. One of the biggest things I am learning from all of these interests/activities is balance. Any of the above in excess can lead to not being in integrity with doing what you love. (ie. Having a not so enjoyable hike because of too much wine the night before…) It’s all about the balance!
- What I’m focusing on in my daily yoga practice & what I’m learning: After recently completing my teacher training certification this past November, one thing I have been focusing on in my daily practice is being present. This has been especially hard for me as a new teacher because I am constantly thinking “Oh I want to try that in my next class” or predicting what might be coming next in the sequence, when instead I want to be focusing on my breathe and the meditation itself. Lately, I have been holding myself accountable for being present at the start of each class. Sometimes I stay present, other times I don’t. Either way I acknowledge whichever state i’m in and move on.
- Purchase I’m enjoying: My SPIRALIZER! If you can chop it, I will spriralize it. For the love of learning new recipes, trying new recipes, and most importantly eating new recipes my spiralizer is by far the new cool kid on the block in my kitchen.
Thanks for catching up with us, Samira!