This week for Five Bullet Fridays, we caught up with our favorite new Mama bear, Adrienne!
- What you’ll find on my playlists: Artists: NU-Cosa Mia, Zara Larsson-So Good. These songs have good beats to get class into the repetition of Sun Salutations.
- What I’m reading: How Not to Hate Your Husband After Kids by Jancee Dunn. Not kidding. I read an interesting quote “most couples spend more time prepping their nursery for a baby than they do preparing their marriage.” Jason and I have had several conversations post-baby because of all the change and transition. I’m learning how to own my feelings, be vulnerable and share what I want to see happen for our family. Kids are a game changer-duh!
- What activity I’m participating in outside of yoga & what I’m learning: Functional Strength Training sessions with my husband (he’s a personal trainer). My body has been all out of sorts since giving birth, carrying a baby around, nursing and sitting a lot. We’ve been working on specific exercises to target my pelvic floor, my posterior chain (hamstrings, back, glutes) and metabolic blasts on the treadmill to get me used to fast leg turnover when I run.
- What I’m focusing on in my daily yoga practice & what I’m learning: Mindfully integrating my bandhas throughout class – hands, feet, pelvic floor so that I move with more purpose when I’m transitioning between poses. I’m noticing instability show up when I move from poses like half-moon to warrior 2 so I take it slow and modify as needed.
- Purchase I’m enjoying: Aussie Bites from Costco and lots of green smoothies. Since having to take care of another human besides myself and using every spare moment to either get sleep, clean up my house, take walks to get Reese to sleep and also get in workouts and to yoga class, I haven’t put time into making anything other than my morning coffee. I’ll have a quick Aussie Bite after I drink a 16 oz glass of water in the morning and wait for my husband to get home to make a health-filled smoothie. Our favorite is mangos, lemon, lime, water, Vega Protein Powder, and Power Greens. That way if I don’t have salads for meals, I’m at least getting some greens in my diet.
Adrienne is BACK teaching regularly, so make sure you check the schedule and show up for a dose of this bad ass momma!